Behavioral Consultant and Trainer Gary Abelov has successfully rehabilitated thousands of behaviorally challenged dogs since 1984.
While attending college in the early seventies, he took time to travel with his dogs all over the United States, Canada, Mexico and Central America. In 2004, he was one of the first trainers in Missouri to test for and receive the coveted CPDT designation through The Association of Pet Dog Trainers. Gary is also a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (IAABC).
“I’ve spent a very large part of my life observing and studying dogs at work, rest, and play. I’ve learned how to successfully connect with and motivate dogs, and I’d love to show you how to do this too.”
Gary lives outside of St. Louis with his three dogs. He enjoys writing, restoring classic cars (VW’s), hiking, and riding horses and motorcycles.
- Behaviorist Ralston Purina
- Behaviorist/ Trainer- Open Door Animal Sanctuary
- Guide Dog Instructor- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Pet Expert- Fox2 news St. Louis
- Training and Behavior Columnist- Pet Friends Magazine
- Guest Dog Expert – KTRS, WGNU, KMOX Radio
- Guest television appearances on Fox2, KTVi, KPLR, KMOV
- Docent Wolf Sanctuary 1995-2000 (Wild Canid Survival and Research Center)
I Serve the Following Areas:
Please make sure you are located within these areas before calling.
St Louis City and County
St. Charles City (ONLY)
Northern Jefferson County
Gary has lectured on behavior training and puppy mills around the state including:
- Jefferson County Schools
- Humane Society of Missouri
- St. Louis County Schools
- St. Louis County Library
- Jefferson County Library
- Rockwood School District
- Advisory Board Member – Open Door Animal Sanctuary
- Retired Board Member – Support Dogs for the Handicapped